United Collective Privacy Notice
Last Updated: November 22, 2023
Grupo Gallegos d/b/a United Collective and Gallegos United, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “United Collective” or “we” or its derivatives), respect your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect about consumers, how we use the information, with whom we share it and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information. We also describe measures we take to protect the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
If you are a California consumer, please see the section of this Privacy Notice called “California Consumer Privacy Statement” for more information about your privacy rights.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Obtain
- Information We Obtain About You
- Information We Obtain By Automated Means
- How We Use the Information We Obtain
- Third-Party Analytics
- Information We Share
- Your Choices
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Children’s Personal Information
- Access to Non-United Collective Sites and Services
- Updates to Our Privacy Notice
- How to Contact Us
- California Consumer Privacy Statement
Information We Obtain About You
The types of personal information we may obtain about you include:
- Contact information, such as name, telephone number, postal address, and email address;
- Professional information, such as your job title, company name, industry, and professional and employment background;
- Job application information, such as your resume and any additional application information provided to us (for example, employment history and education);
- Information about your interest in or use of our products and services;
- Device information, as described in the Automated Data Collection section below;
- Social media information, such as social media handles, content and other data shared with us through third-party features that you use in connection with our Services; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as through surveys, posts, applications, comments, feedback, questions, emails, sign-up forms, and the “Contact Us” feature.
We also may obtain other personal information about you in ways that we describe at the time of collection.
Information We Obtain By Automated Means
When you use our Services or open our emails, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “pixel tag” (also known as a web beacon) is a type of technology that is placed on a website or within an email to track certain activity, such as views of a website or when an email is opened. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with the Services; (3) tailor the Services around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of the Services and the effectiveness of our communications; (5) authenticate your identity, protect against fraud and provide our products and services; and (6) otherwise manage and enhance our products and services, and help ensure they are working properly.
We may use these automated technologies on the Services to collect information about your device, browsing actions and usage patterns. We obtain information about your device and web browser in this manner such as your device IP address, general location information, unique device identifiers, device type and model, device characteristics and settings, browser settings and characteristics, operating system type and version, language and country preferences, usage statistics, referring emails and web addresses, and other device details. We also may obtain information about your interactions with our Services, such as pages visited, links clicked, features used, dates and times of usage, session information and other information about your use of our Services.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified about certain types of automated collection technologies and how to restrict or disable them. Please note, however, that without these technologies, you may not be able to use all of the features of the Services. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We may use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provide and administer our products and services;
- Send you emails and other communications about our products, services, events, promotions, special offers and press releases;
- Administer your participation in surveys, contests, promotions or other programs;
- Provide customer support and respond to your requests and inquiries;
- Personalize your experience with our services, such as to tailor content and information we may communicate to you;
- Conduct marketing and sales activities (including generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, and managing our brand);
- Manage career opportunities with us, including for recruitment purposes, candidate screening and evaluation, and employee onboarding;
- Manage our relationships with current or prospective partners, customers and vendors and other business partner personnel;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business, such as developing new products and services; managing, enhancing, improving and analyzing our products and services; managing our communications; performing data analytics (such as market research, trend analysis, data aggregation and anonymization); determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions;
- Verify your identity and protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies and terms and conditions; and
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our services, network, information, customers, employees and others.
We also may use the information in other ways which we identify at the time of collection.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services, such as Google Analytics. These analytics providers use technologies such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs to help us analyze your use of our Services. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers, and other relevant third parties who use the information to evaluate use of our products and services. To learn more about Google Analytics, please http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may share your personal information with our affiliates and subsidiaries for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We also may share personal information with service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as technology and communications, payment processing and billing, advertising and marketing, analytics, detecting and preventing fraud, security, customer service and others.
We also may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials in response to legal requests; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation.
You may at any time ask us to stop sending you marketing emails or other promotional communications.
To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section below.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or use.
CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Services are designed for a general audience and are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 through our Services. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under 13, we will promptly delete the information from our records. If you believe a child under 13 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section of this Privacy Notice.
ACCESS TO NON-UNITED COLLECTIVE SITES AND SERVICES
For your convenience and information, our Services may provide access (such as through links, plug-ins or widgets) to non-United Collective websites, apps and services that may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy notices of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-United Collective websites, apps or services.
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our practices. We will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. For significant changes, we will notify you by posting a notice on our relevant sites.
You can update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, submit a request or ask us questions about this Privacy Notice by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at:
Attn. Chief Operating Officer
300 Pacific Coast Hwy, #330
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY STATEMENT
This California Consumer Privacy Statement supplements our Privacy Notice and applies solely to personal information collected about California consumers, such as our customers, website visitors, business partners and job applicants. This California Consumer Privacy Statement does not apply to personal information collected about United Collective personnel.
This California Consumer Privacy Statement uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020) and its implementing regulations (collectively, the “CCPA”).
Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect (and may have collected during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Privacy Notice) the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), IP address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: signature, physical characteristics or description, state identification card number, education, bank account number, and other financial information, medical information, and health insurance information
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, citizenship status, and military and veteran status
- Commercial Information: commercial information, including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, visual and similar information
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information such as résumé information, occupation details, education details, certifications and professional associations, historical compensation details, previous employment details, emergency contact information, and pre-employment screening and background check information, including criminal records information
- Education Information
- Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
We may use (and may have used during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this California Consumer Privacy Statement) your personal information for the purposes described in the Privacy Notice and for the following business purposes:
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytics services, providing storage, or providing similar services;
- Providing advertising and marketing services;
- Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance;
- Short-term, transient use, such as nonpersonalized advertising shown as part of your current interaction with us;
- Helping to ensure security and integrity;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of our services or devices and to improve, upgrade, or enhance them;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors; and
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
We do not collect or process sensitive personal information for purposes of inferring characteristics about consumers.
To the extent we process deidentified information, we will maintain and use the information in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the information unless permitted by applicable law.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for the time period reasonably necessary to achieve the purposes described in the Privacy Notice and this California Consumer Privacy Notice, or any other notice provided at the time of collection, taking into account applicable statutes of limitation and records retention requirements under applicable law.
Sources of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Privacy Notice, we may have obtained personal information about you from various sources, including as described below.
- Directly from you, such as when you contact us
- Your devices, such as when you use our sites
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates
- Service providers, contractors and other vendors who provide services on our behalf, such as data analytics providers
- Others who use our services, such as your employer and colleagues
- Internet service providers (“ISPs”) and operating systems and platforms
- Recruiting and talent agencies
- Job references, such as your employers or teachers
- Data brokers, such as public databases, credit bureaus, credit reporting service providers and background check services we use in connection with job applications
Disclosure of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this California Consumer Privacy Statement, we may have disclosed the following categories of personal information about you for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Third Parties|
|Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80||
In addition to the categories of third parties identified above, during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this California Consumer Privacy Statement, we may have disclosed personal information about you to government entities, and third parties in connection with corporate transactions, such as mergers, acquisitions or divestitures.
Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell personal information or share personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes in connection with our Services, nor do we use third-party cookies on our Services to enable third parties to collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites. As such, our Services are not designed to respond to a browser’s Do Not Track signal.
- California Consumer Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below.
- Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold or shared about you during the past 12 months.
- Correction: You have the right to request that we correct the personal information we maintain about you, if that information is inaccurate.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
- Shine the Light Request: You also may have the right to request that we provide you with (a) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (b) the identity of those third parties.
How to Submit a Request. To submit an access, correction, deletion or Shine the Light request, email us at email@example.com.
Verifying Requests. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. If you request access to, correction of or deletion of your personal information, we may verify your identity by requiring you to authenticate your email address or providing information about your transactions or prior interactions with us. In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we will require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. If you designate an authorized agent to make an access, deletion or opt-out of sale request on your behalf (a) we may require you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so, and (b) for access and deletion requests, we may require you to verify your own identity directly with us (as described above).
Additional Information. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request. This Statement is available in alternative formats upon request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request this Statement in an alternative format.
- United Collective: www.unitedcollective.com
- Canvas United: www.canvasunited.com
- Rox United: www.roxunited.com
- Gallegos United: www.gallegosunited.com
- Dose of Asianess: www.doseofasianess.com
- Keggy: www.keggycooler.com/