United Collective Privacy Notice
Effective Date: January 27, 2020
Grupo Gallegos d/b/a United Collective and Gallegos United, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “United Collective” or “we” or its derivatives), respect your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect about consumers, how we use the information, with whom we share it and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information. We also describe measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
If you are a California consumer, please see the section of this Privacy Notice called “California Consumer Privacy Statement” for more information about your privacy rights.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Obtain
- Information We Obtain About You
- Information We Obtain By Automated Means
- How We Use the Information We Obtain
- Third-Party Analytics
- Information We Share
- Your Choices
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Children’s Personal Information
- Access to Non-United Collective Sites and Services
- Updates to Our Privacy Notice
- How to Contact Us
- California Consumer Privacy Statement
Information We Obtain About You
The types of personal information we may obtain about you include:
- Contact information (such as name, telephone number, postal address, email address, job title and position, and employer information);
- Information about your interest in or use of our products and services;
- Social media information, such as social media handles, content and other data shared with us through third-party features that you use in connection with our sites; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as through surveys, posts, comments, feedback, questions, emails, sign-up forms, and the “Contact Us” feature.
We also may obtain other information about you, your devices and apps, and your use of our products or services in ways that we describe at the time of collection or otherwise with your consent.
Information We Obtain By Automated Means
When you use our websites, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
We may use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your IP address, identifiers associated with your devices, types of devices connected to our websites, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, the pages visited on our sites, clickstream data, any products or services you review, the features used, and dates and times of use of our sites. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it; (2) track, understand and analyze how you use and interact with our sites; (3) tailor our sites around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our sites and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our products and services, and help ensure they are working properly.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our sites. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
We may use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provide and administer our products and services to you;
- Send you emails and other communications about our products, services, events, promotions, special offers and press releases;
- Administer your participation in surveys, contests, promotions or other programs;
- Provide customer support and respond to your requests and inquiries;
- Personalize your experience with our services, such as to tailor content and information we may communicate to you;
- Conduct marketing and sales activities (including generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, and managing our brand);
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business, such as developing new products and services; managing, enhancing, improving and analyzing our products and services; managing our communications; performing data analytics (such as market research, trend analysis, data aggregation and anonymization); determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions;
- Verify your identity and protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies and terms and conditions; and
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our services, network, information, customers, employees and others.
We also may use the information in other ways which we identify at the time of collection.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our sites, such as Google Analytics. These analytics providers use technologies such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs to help us analyze your use of our sites. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers, and other relevant third parties who use the information to evaluate use of our products and services. To learn more about Google Analytics, please click here.
Our sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
We may share your personal information with our affiliates and subsidiaries for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We also may share personal information with service providers who perform services on our behalf. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose personal information except to perform services or to comply with legal requirements.
We also may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials in response to legal requests; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation.
You may at any time ask us to stop sending you marketing emails or other promotional communications. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section below.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or use.
Our sites are designed for a general audience and are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) through our sites. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under thirteen (13), we will promptly delete the information from our records. If you believe a child under thirteen (13) may have provided us with personal information, please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section of this Privacy Notice.
For your convenience and information, our sites may provide access (such as through links, plug-ins or widgets) to non-United Collective websites, apps and services that may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy notices of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-United Collective websites, apps or services.
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our practices. We will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. For significant changes, we will notify you by posting a notice on our relevant sites.
You can update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, submit a request or ask us questions about this Privacy Notice by contacting email@example.com or writing to us at:
Attn. Chief Operating Officer
300 Pacific Coast Hwy, #200
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
This California Consumer Privacy Statement supplements our Privacy Notice and applies solely to California consumers. This Statement does not apply to our personnel or job applicants.
This California Consumer Privacy Statement uses certain terms that have the meanings given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and its implementing regulations (the “CCPA”).
- Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, and other similar identifiers
- Commercial Information: commercial information, including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, visual and similar information
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information
- Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
We may use the categories of personal information listed above for the purposes described in our Privacy Notice. In addition, we may use these categories of personal information for certain business purposes specified in the CCPA, as described in this table:
|Purposes||Categories of Personal Information|
|Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services|
|Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance|
|Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction|
|Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity|
|Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality|
|Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration|
|Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us|
- Our Prior Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may have collected and used your personal information, as described in Section 1 above, during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this California Consumer Privacy Statement. For the personal information collected during that timeframe, we describe below: (a) the categories of sources from which we may have obtained the personal information, (b) the categories of third parties with whom we may have shared the information, (c) the categories of personal information we may have sold, and (d) the categories of personal information we may have disclosed for a business purpose.
- Sources of Personal Information
We may have obtained personal information about you from various sources, as described below.
|Categories of Sources of Data Collection||Categories of Personal Information|
|Directly from you|
|From your devices, such as when you visit our websites|
|Our affiliates and subsidiaries|
- Sharing of Personal Information
We may have shared your personal information with certain categories of third parties, as described below.
|Categories of Third Parties||Categories of Personal Information|
|Our affiliates and subsidiaries|
|Vendors who provide services on our behalf|
|Professional services organizations, such as auditors, consultants and law firms|
- Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration.
- Disclosure of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
We may have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose all of the categories of personal information about you listed in Section 1 above.
- California Consumer Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below.
Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you during the past 12 months.
Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
Shine the Light Request: You also may have the right to request that we provide you with (a) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (b) the identity of those third parties.
How to Submit a Request. To submit an access or deletion request, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit a Shine the Light request, email us at email@example.com.
Verifying Requests. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. If you request access to or deletion of your personal information, we may require you to provide any of the following information: email address, postal address, telephone number, online identifier and unique personal identifier (such as a one-time passcode we send you). In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we will require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. If you designate an authorized agent to make an access, deletion or opt-out of sale request on your behalf (a) we may require you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so, and (b) for access and deletion requests, we may require you to verify your own identity directly with us (as described above).
Additional Information. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request. This Statement is available in alternative formats upon request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request this Statement in an alternative format.